Strong influencing skills are a key trait necessary to be successful in the modern workplace.
Who is this for?
Anyone who wants to improve their influencing skills, with direct reports, leadership or Board, to get projects supported and ideas adopted.
What will I get?
The Influence Grid profiler enables you to get inputs from up to 9 identified observers: your direct reports, peers or manager.
You will get a report highlighting your observable strengths and area of improvements when influencing others, to get a holistic understanding of your influence skills.
The report will contain a Johari Window, a 2 x 2 matrix that compares your perception of how you deal with change, against how others see you. This would enhanced your self-awareness and help you understand your gaps.
See a Sample Profiler Report.
How do I use the report?
You can use the report to develop a personal action plan to improve in areas where there are gaps, both immediately and for the medium term. Some of these you could try on-the-job immediately to start experimenting and seeing immediate benefits.
You may also want to spend some time with a coach to do a debrief on the results of the report, and to plan next steps.
What is the science?
The Influence Grid profiler is designed to help you reflect on what you do on a daily basis when influencing others.
It helps highlight your strengths and blind spots, based on ten acknowledged influence resources:
- Focus: Ability to focus on what matters and communicate it to others
- Legitimacy: Authority attached to position or title as derived from legitimate or positional power. Associated with legitimacy is also the use of reward and coercion.
- Expertise: Exhibiting a high degree of functional or technical knowledge as derived from expert power
- Reciprocity: The give and take needed to make relationships work.
- Communication: Persuasive communication enlisting others to support (or not block) ideas and efforts
- Networked: Ability to make and keep connections by adding value to networks
- Proactive: Ability to reach out as opposed to wait for things to happen
- Integrity: Exhibiting honesty and integrity in actions
- Flexibility: Being able to shift focus when necessary
- Charisma: Ability to inspire enthusiasm and commitment as derived from referent power
- Brand: ODE Consulting
- Product Code: PT-1-2
- Availability: In Stock